About the Company
Industrious is reinventing how people work by creating premium, social workspaces: private glass offices, beautiful common areas and amazing hospitality. Step foot into an Industrious office, and you'll find a city’s most exciting people and businesses thrilled to be working together under one roof.
We are the country's leading, and fastest growing premium co-working business, with 16 cities open/under construction, and plans in place to expand our proven model to 25+ cities across the country by mid-2017. Our business is well capitalized, with very strong unit economics, customer NPS scores, and a collaborative team culture. We have a seasoned leadership team and have raised over $50 million from world-class investors.
About the Role
As a National Project Manager at Industrious, you will be responsible for managing the development and oversight of commercial interior projects from conception through construction and closeout. Your work will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for startups, artists, writers and businesses around the world.
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that projects meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals. You will oversee project communications and tracking schedules, review construction drawings and RFIs, evaluate and coordinate building systems, and review and respond to code compliance issues.
This will be an engaging position requiring strong interior architectural capabilities, construction methodologies, and a proven track record delivering high-end commercial interiors. The ideal candidate should have at least 4-5 years of experience within the construction or building design industry.
The role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Deliver quality projects on time and on budget
- Manage all phases of projects, including project kick-off, scheduling, design and construction administration, budgets, and coordinate all internal and external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants
- Negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process, project cost estimates and manage value engineering strategies
- Lead project team meetings and oversee all project communications - including RFIs, submittals, invoices, change orders, punch-lists and all construction related documentation
- Develop and maintain all project logs and tracking tools - flow charts, checklists and templates
- Work closely with design team to communicate and ensure that the design-intent carries throughout the project
- Evaluate internal project management processes and provide upward feedback
- At least 4 years managing commercial interior, retail, or hospitality construction projects, from initial programming through construction completion
- Proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Excellent practical knowledge of design and construction methods and MEP systems
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating, creating bid packages, contract awards, and cost reports
- Proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coordination, cost reporting, and proposal preparation
- Experience developing Architectural and Engineering Documents
- Professional Architectural or Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite. Revit experience desired. 3D modeling skill are also a plus
- Ability to organize, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively make sound decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude and analytic skill
- Must be team oriented and be able to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding requirements and expectations
The role is based in Brooklyn, NY but will require travel to all of our locations.
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News: