About the Company:
Industrious is reinventing how people work by creating premium, social workspaces: private glass offices, beautiful common areas and amazing hospitality. Step foot into an Industrious office, and you'll find a city’s most exciting people and businesses thrilled to be working together under one roof.
We are the country's leading, and fastest growing premium co-working business, with 16 cities open/under construction, and plans in place to expand our proven model to 25+ cities across the country by mid-2017. Our business is well capitalized, with very strong unit economics and customer NPS scores. We have a seasoned leadership team and have raised over $50 million from world-class investors.
About the Role:
You will work with the Director of Finance across the full scope of financial activities -- a critical and exciting function as you’ll touch and see all the aspects of the company. Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international brand that transforms the way work is done.
As a member of the Finance team, you will have the opportunity to shape and define key aspects of the entire company. Success will mean providing a happier, more productive, and more connected workplace for startups, artists, writers, and businesses around the world. The role is based in Brooklyn, New York and reports directly to the company’s Director of Finance.
As the Finance Associate, you will:
- Play a vital role in fundraising and investor relations, including close interaction with major venture capital firms, analysis of the company’s funding needs, and maintenance of key banking and funding relationships
- Aid in financial planning and analyses including budgeting, forecasting, cashflow management, and capital deployment
- Help in designing innovative strategies for maximizing project ROI by optimizing upfront capital requirements, leveraging differing credit profiles, and extending lease terms
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Finance to analyze capital structure and various strategies around capital deployment, including organic growth and M&A
- Participate in the analysis, due diligence and execution of any M&A opportunities that arise
- Interact with various aspects of the business, as well as key senior leadership including the CEO, COO and Head of Finance
- 1-3 years of work experience in investment banking or business consulting
- Robust analytical abilities, including proven record of financial modeling
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work with the internal team, Industrious members, vendors, third party contractors, investors, and key financial relationships
- Extremely organized and demonstrated leadership ability to own key initiatives, manage timelines, and supervise budgets
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Interest and capability with the flexibility to learn and understand new concepts, industry trends, analyses, systems, and metrics quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit and experience a strong plus
- Daily breakfast and snacks
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
Industrious in the News: